If you think America’s litigious culture is a recent trend, think again. Back in 1938, Ms. Helen Silva was enjoying a turkey dinner at Woolworth’s restaurant when she choked on a small bone. A bystander came to her rescue, but she sued the restaurant for $36 in medical fees and embarrassment. The bone was ultimately found to be native to turkeys (imagine that), nixing Woolworth’s liability and the $500 judgment rendered against it.
When we wish you a happy, safe and lawsuit-free Thanksgiving… we mean it!
By councilsoft|2013-11-22T15:30:04-05:00November 22, 2013|News|0 Comments
Leave A Comment